Wednesday, July 19, 2006

veggies for all :)

oh wait, one last fun thing . . . the storm blew around the green onions in our veggie garden (that my mom and mother-in-law planted together) pretty hard so I had to cut a bunch. The neighbor who helped me yesterday had also said he liked them when I mentioned we had some, so after I cut a lot of them, I dropped some off at his house, then on our walk, I handed the rest out to random people we know in the neighborhood. It was so much fun! It made me wish I had a basket of veggies to just hand out to people. Maybe next year, we'll grow more and I can do that. It's also fun because it gives me an excuse to knock on the neighbors door and say 'hi' and chat for a second. It gets pretty lonely being at home alone with the kids all day or even out running errands with them by myself. For those of you who know me well, or just know me :) you know that I don't like doing things by myself and I love having someone to talk to. Anyway, ok for real this time, good night!

No comments: