Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thursday's Thoughts

All week I've been telling myself, "if I can make it to Thursday, I'll be alright," well, Thursday proved to be more of a challenge than I expected.

This morning was more like a punch to the stomach rather than the easy end of the week I was expecting. I was up again in the middle of the night before making sure that the noises and squeals I heard from Andrew (boy I babysit 2 nts/wk) and Ben wouldn't turn into crying that would wake up every child so when Charley and Andrew popped up again at 5:45 (a 15 min. later than usual), I was already lagging behind. Apparently Charley was too, because he was an absolute monster after Andrew left and I had to force him to go down for a nap early just before 10. (Thankfully we still have the crib up because he never would have stayed in his toddler bed and he needed a nap bad). It was heart breaking though because he was standing in the crib crying and reaching for me and I HAD to leave him. Of course, 5 min. later he was snoring :)

Anyway, I managed to make it to the afternoon when Ben finally woke up and decided I had to get out of the house. Plus, both my babysitters are doing summer camp right now so I couldn't just take off and get a break alone. I had no idea where I was going or what I would do, so I figured we'd browse Wal-Mart then see what Old Navy winter clothes looked like. Amazingly, Charley did great for the stores which was good because ON had an incredible sale going on and I ended up getting next summers clothes for Charley 70% off (which is cheaper than I can find at Wal-Mart or thrift stores or even on e-bay and they were brand new!) Needless to say I was thrilled :) Anyway, we get home and the monster is back ... laying around everywhere, mad about everything ... I had to force another nap (same scenario and yep, 5 min. later zzzz). He woke up at 7 PM and was wonderful! At least I knew that he was missing out on sleep too and it wasn't just me :) I let him stay up until 9 just to make sure he'd sleep and hopefully, that will buy me an extra hour or two of sleep in the morning, maybe not, I'll let you know. :)

Will comes home late tomorrow night so I still have to get through Friday and it's supposed to rain all day. At least the week is almost over now. At the end I think I'm going to say, "I can't believe I did it!" I still don't see how other moms do deployments for 6+ months with little kids. I'm not looking forward to that and have already started praying about it. I think the solution is to stay as busy as possible and get regular babysitting. I'll see when I get there I'm sure. Until then, I'm still going to take it a day at a time and try to get all my sleep. I'm getting better and I'm learning too.

Tomorrow, here I come! :)


Dana said...

well you had to have a hard day so that tomorrow can be the icing!!!! :)

Leigh said...

I hope so! :)