Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Day 2

Ok, I've made it through the second day of what's becoming a very long (and hot) week. I'm just thrilled tomorrow is Wednesday already and the middle of the week. Since Sunday, I've been thinking, if I can only make it to Thursday, I'll be fine.

The upside of today is that I met two more people in our neighborhood. This neighborhood is great. The people are so open and friendly. I'm glad, because it blew my stereotype of Rhode Islanders or more generally, New Englanders, right out of the water.

While I was out on a walk I met a retired Captain who served in Vietnam as a supply officer. When I thanked him for his service, he downplayed his role saying that the most he has to complain about was the A/C going out in their barracks. He wasn't in the middle of danger, but he was still over there. It was interesting to think about since I've been talking about putting things into perspective this week. hmmmm

The other person I met was a neighbor across the street. I asked him for help with a really disgusting garbage issue in our garage. (I won't go into the details) It was a little embarrassing that the first time I met him was to ask for help, but I figured they were nice since Charley yelled "hello" from across the street and he said "hi" back while intently working on his flowerbed. Anyway, he came over, helped me contain the situation and then came over again to spray for the pests that escaped the bag.

Those were two nice blessings that seemed more like tiny air bubbles trying to make their way to the surface of a thick, hot cake baking in the oven. :) I hope that analogy makes sense to everyone, it's kinda wierd I know.

I'm going to try to make it to bed earlier tonight so I've gotta go get some chores done while Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum enjoy their beautiful dreams, probably about some place very warm. At least I have a fan on each of them . . . we have playgroup tomorrow so hopefully the day will go quickly and easier. I'll let you know.

No comments: