Sunday, July 23, 2006

ebb and flow

This weekend was so different from the week before it. I got a chance to catch up on chores and rest a little before Will left again this afternoon. This time he'll only be gone a day and now I'm thinking, "oh that's really no big deal," because it's so short. But if I had never had to last week on my own, I might be struggling with one day. Isn't that silly in hindsite? I'm sure some people are reading this thinking, "I can't believe she couldn't make it through one week." Well, I'm learning, that's all I can say. Plus, it will get better. Ben is so little now. I think a deployment will be easier when Ben is 3 and Charley is 5 because they can play together (and fight together I know), but they can also take care of themselves more and I can take them to more fun places. We'll see, I'm not going to fret about it now.

Charley is taking a late nap right now, adding to the mystery of his sleeping habits. It's a nice break, but I don't think he'll sleep through the night, I could be wrong. I'm going to let him go because I really think he needs the rest.

Speaking of rest, I feel at peace and rested now after having some time with Will this weekend. I found a verse that said it well. It's Psalm 116:7 "Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you." Indeed the Lord's blessings on me have been bountiful. Thank you Lord for your refreshing love and restoring words.

No comments: