Monday, August 21, 2006

waaaay ahead

Do you ever find yourself preparing for something difficult even if it won't happen for another few years? Lately, I've been thinking a lot about Will deploying, and even though I know he won't even have a chance to deploy before he gets to a ship (not until 2009) and even then it's not for sure that he'll deploy after that, I still feel like I'm trying to gear up and prepare now for him to be gone. Maybe it's because the trip he took for a week was so hard, and I know deployement will be so much harder than that . . . who knows. I just feel like praying a lot and developing a game plan for how to handle it now, so that when it finally comes, I'll be ready. Of course, I know that God will give me the strength I need then, and that I don't need it right now, so I shouldn't worry; but as long as I can keep from worrying about it and just stick to simple ideas and prayers, I think that's ok. In the past, just thinking about having to deploy one day would scare me, but lately, I feel like things will go well and I'll be able to get through it alright, with a little more dignity than the one week Will was gone a few months ago. :) I know it will still be pretty rough, but I'm actually looking forward to the challenge now instead of fretting about it, which is good. I mean, it would be great it he never had to leave, but he probably will, so I might as well, get ready. I'm still really enjoying our time together now though and I definitely won't let the fact that he'll be gone at some point 3 years from now, put a damper on that. We're going to have a fun 3 years ahead!! More to come on that though, there's some news waiting in the wings . . . !

No comments: