Friday, June 15, 2007

Naval War College Graduation!


Congrats to my husband! He graduated from the U.S. Naval War College today! We were there all morning and it was a beautiful day for it. The graduation was held outside under an enormous tent. It reminded me of the circus. Anyway, he got all dressed up in his chokers (ahh beautiful white uniform, although I like summer whites the best). I got dressed up in a summer skirt and nice sandals etc., even got to curl my hair! :) We got a babysitter for the boys, which was nice.

One of the fun things about being there was seeing all the different ways the international students and their families were dressed. There were some ladies from Africa with beautiful head dresses on (I don't want to say hats, because it was more like folded fabric, very elaborate, beautiful). I saw a Japanese lady wearing a gorgeous kimono. There were some Indian students there and their wives were wearing sari's, it was all so need to see. It's also interesting to see the uniforms of the other countries. They're basic uniforms though. There were quite a few foreign students in this class.

Anyway, Will is very relieved to be finished and now we can begin our last year here (I hope) as he begins department head school. He'll be down in Dalgren, VA geobatching for 2 months from August through September, then back up here to begin school in October. We'll find out our next duty station and move next June. That's the plan for now anyway. :)

By the way, this weekend is exciting, today Will graduated, tomorrow is our 6 year wedding anniversary, and Sunday is Father's Day! :) We're going out tonight and tomorrow night (I think), but I think we'll be home and relax on Sunday for a nice easy going day.

No comments: