Thursday, November 29, 2007

mmmmmmm

I was just playing with my son, Ben. He was playing peek-a-boo and tickling me and then he tried to pull my socks off. :) Whenever I get these one on one moments to just play and enjoy my kids, the same thought often comes to mind, "I must be the luckiest person in the world to be playing with this little child right now."

I guess I just imagine how incredibly special they are; then I think about how someday they'll be special to other people and hopefully do some really good things for people; and that makes me feel like I'm so special for even being given a moment of time with them. Because later on, when they're grown and gone, I'll remember that I was given some of the biggest blessings I can ever have . . . time, fun, love and a simple smile from my baby boy.

1 comment:

Elanor Straight said...

Love you Leigh. Thanks for the note :-) I check your blog from time to time, and I love it when you post pictures of my nephews. I just don't comment very often. Ben sure has gotten big! We've got to all get together sometime so they can meet their uncle. I was sorry we weren't able to make it out to visit ya'll this past summer. It was so nice of you to invite us!